Charleston Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Filing Your Motorcycle Accident Claim
Riding your motorcycle should be a safe, freeing experience, but if other drivers are negligent or careless, their actions could wind up causing you significant physical and financial damage. Depending on the nature of your crash, you might be dealing with expensive bike repairs, not to mention medical bills for the injuries you suffered. If your crash was extremely bad, you might require:
- Ongoing medical care
- Corrective surgeries
- Home modifications for a new mode of living
Whatever the case, if you were injured in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, you may be eligible to file a personal injury claim against the at-fault party.
30+ Years of Experience Fighting for the Injured
At CR Legal Team , our firm is here to stand up for your rights and help you seek the compensation and justice you so rightly deserve. We are passionate about what we do, and we truly do have our clients' best interests at heart. We have more than 30 years of experience on our side, and we have reclaimed more than $500 million on behalf of our clients. More importantly, our team has secured over 5,000 five-star reviews from past clients, so you can be confident in our abilities.
However complex or overwhelming your case may seem, trust our firm to stand up for you. We have the legal experience and knowledge you need on your side, and we’re here to make this process as easy as possible so you can focus on healing.
Call (866) 691-0607 to get started. Schedule a consultation with our Charleston motorcycle accident lawyers today.
Motorcycle Accidents & Catastrophic Injuries
Motorcyclists are at a higher risk of suffering serious and catastrophic injuries in motorcycle accidents involving other vehicles due to several factors, including:
- Lack of Protection: Motorcycles offer minimal protection compared to enclosed vehicles like cars and trucks. Riders are exposed to the elements and are not surrounded by a metal frame, airbags, or seat belts. This lack of protection makes them more vulnerable to injury upon impact.
- Size Disparity: Motorcycles are significantly smaller and lighter than most other vehicles on the road. When a motorcycle collides with a larger vehicle, such as a car or truck, the rider often absorbs the full force of the impact. This size disparity can result in severe injuries for motorcyclists.
- High Speeds: Motorcycles are capable of high speeds and quick acceleration. When collisions occur at higher speeds, the forces involved are greater, increasing the likelihood of serious injuries. Additionally, riders may be ejected from their motorcycles upon impact, further exacerbating the risk.
- Limited Visibility: Motorcycles are often less visible to other road users, especially in blind spots or during adverse weather conditions. Drivers of larger vehicles may fail to see motorcyclists or misjudge their speed and distance, leading to accidents.
- Maneuverability: Motorcycles are more maneuverable than cars, which can lead to situations where riders attempt to evade collisions through quick maneuvers. While this can sometimes prevent accidents, it can also result in loss of control and crashes.
- Inattentive Drivers: Distracted or inattentive drivers are a significant threat to motorcyclists. When drivers do not pay proper attention to the road, they may not see motorcyclists or react in time to avoid a collision.
Because motorcycles lack the structure passenger vehicles do, they can be far more damaging in a crash. The rider may suffer life-altering injuries that result in:
- Brain damage
- Loss of limb
Loss of life is also a likely result if the accident is serious enough.
In such circumstances, the injured person may require ongoing medical care, corrective surgeries, physical therapy, in-home care, or vehicle/home modifications to better accommodate their needs. These necessities can become extremely expensive, especially if the injuries result in loss of work. While our firm understands that legal action can’t make up for the damage that’s already been done, we do believe it can help you recover from your injuries in peace.
Common motorcycle injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Neck injuries
- Spinal damage
- Internal damage
- Road rash
- Bruises and lacerations
If your loved one suffered a catastrophic injury in a motorcycle crash, or if they were killed due to someone else’s negligence, we want to hear from you. Our seasoned team can listen to your story and help determine your rights and plan for the next step.
Determining Liability in a Charleston Motorcycle Crash
Any number of problems can cause motorcycle accidents, including driver negligence, road hazards, bike defects, and poor weather, to name a few. Determining the cause of the accident is crucial, however, because it can help point to the liable party. If another driver was intoxicated, speeding, or driving recklessly, they could be liable for any damage they cause as a result.
Besides driver error, motorcycle accidents are often caused by vehicle defects, including brake issues, mechanical errors, tire defects, and other similar issues. If your accident was caused by an issue with the bike itself, the vehicle or part manufacturer could be liable for your injuries.
Discovering what, or who, caused your accident can be challenging, especially if multiple parties are liable. For this reason, it is always best to discuss the particulars of your case with a legal professional.
Motorcycle Accident Settlements
As a victim of a motorcycle accident, one of your main concerns is likely the payout you can receive from the accident to compensate you for the physical, emotional, and financial damage you suffered. Although physical recovery is likely your top priority, ensuring that you have the ability to cover your medical bills and other expenses is also an important matter.
Since there are many factors that go into the final payout, the only way to have a close estimate of your final settlement is to work with an attorney who can assess your case. Our team can evaluate the insurance policies involved, how South Carolina’s laws impact your potential payout, and other elements impacting your motorcycle accident settlement.
At CR Legal Team , We Stand Up For You
Since opening our firm in 1989, we have been passionate about fighting for the rights of our wrongfully injured clients. We understand how traumatizing motorcycle accidents can be, and we know the financial burden that can arise after a damaging crash, which is why we are here to provide you and your family with the support you need and deserve.
Here are some of the key benefits of hiring us:
- Legal Expertise: We bring extensive knowledge and expertise in personal injury law, specifically in motorcycle accidents. Our team understands the unique challenges and legal intricacies associated with these cases.
- Investigation: We will thoroughly investigate the accident, collecting crucial evidence such as witness statements, accident reports, and medical records. This meticulous approach helps us build a strong case on your behalf.
- Determining Liability: Identifying who is at fault in a motorcycle accident can be complex. We will work diligently to determine liability, ensuring that responsible parties are held accountable for their actions.
- Maximizing Compensation: Our primary goal is to help you obtain the maximum compensation possible. We will assess the full extent of your damages, including medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering, to ensure you receive a fair settlement.
- Negotiation Skills: Our seasoned negotiators will engage with insurance companies on your behalf. We have the negotiation skills necessary to secure a fair and just settlement, protecting your rights and interests.
- Litigation Experience: If a fair settlement cannot be reached through negotiation, we are fully prepared to take your case to court. Our trial experience allows us to advocate for you effectively in the courtroom.
- Stress Reduction: Dealing with a motorcycle accident can be overwhelming. By enlisting our services, you can focus on your recovery while we handle the legal aspects of your case. We'll keep you informed and provide peace of mind throughout the process.
- No Upfront Costs: Our firm operates on a contingency fee basis, meaning you won't have to pay any legal fees upfront. We only get paid if we successfully recover compensation for you, making legal representation accessible to all accident victims.
- Legal Guidance: We will provide you with expert legal advice and guidance, ensuring that you make informed decisions throughout your case. Our goal is to empower you with the information you need to make the best choices for your future.
- Personalized Support: At CR Legal Team, we treat every client with the respect and attention they deserve. We understand that each case is unique, and we tailor our approach to meet your specific needs and circumstances.