“I am guided daily by Luke 12:48 – ‘Much will be required of the person entrusted with much, and still more will be demanded of the person entrusted with more.’ My ability to assist and serve our clients is one that I do not take lightly. I am honored and humbled to be able to help our clients during times that our clients need it most.”
With double the required minimum of five years of experience in Workers’ Compensation Law, extensive continuing legal education, peer review, and passing of the written examination, Kathleen Quinn DuBois has been an attorney certified by the North Carolina State Bar’s Board of Legal Specialization as a Board Certified Specialist in Workers’ Compensation since 2013 and has been with CR Legal Team since 2004. Her practice has been exclusive to the representation of injured workers since joining the firm and after having previously worked in corporate defense. She is also active in the Workers’ Compensation Section of the North Carolina Bar Association and is currently serving a three-year term on its Executive Council.
Kathleen received her Bachelor of Business Administration degree from the University of Notre Dame and earned her Juris Doctor from the School of Law at Wake Forest University. She and her husband Shane, also a Notre Dame alumnus, “bleed blue and gold” and have been excited now that Notre Dame is in the ACC. They have two daughters, Olivia and Claudia, along with two dogs and four chickens. Kathleen is an accomplished athlete and competes in several sprint triathlons each year, has now run nine marathons, and has also run numbers of 5K and 10K races. She loves to bake and has perfected her chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Her admissions and memberships include the North Carolina State Bar, the North Carolina Bar Association – Workers’ Compensation Board Member, the Forsyth County Bar Association, the North Carolina Advocates for Justice – Workers’ Compensation Section, the Ethics & Grievance Committee of the Forsyth County Bar/21st District, and Admission to U.S. District Court – Western District of North Carolina. After her graduation from the Leadership Winston Salem Class of 2011, Kathleen was honored as one of the NC Lawyers Weekly 2012 Women of Justice Rising Star Honorees and as one of 2013’s top young leaders in Triad Business Journal’s “40 Under 40.” Additionally, she has been a presenter at the International Association of Rehabilitation Professionals and at the Continuing Legal Education for the North Carolina Bar Association. She is also now an active parent volunteer and serves on the Liturgical Commission at Our Lady of Mercy Catholic School. In 2011, the Filipina Women’s Network named Kathleen one of the “100 Most Influential Filipina Women in the U.S.,” which exemplifies her pride of her Filipino-American heritage.
- University of Notre Dame, B.B.A. and B.A.
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Juris Doctorate
Admissions & Memberships
- North Carolina - 2003
- Admitted to practice in all State and Appellate Courts
- United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina - 2003
- United States Supreme Court - 2014
Awards & Honors
- North Carolina State Bar Board Certified Specialist in Workers’ Compensation - 2015
- AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Filipino Women’s Network 100 Most Influential Filipinos - 2011
- North Carolina Business Weekly Top 40 under 40 - 2013
- Women of Justice Rising Star Award by NC Lawyers Weekly - 2012
- Leadership Winston Salem Class of 2011
- International Association of Rehabilitation Professionals - Presenter (2019, 2020)
- NCBA Workers’ Compensation Section Executive Council - current 3-year term (2018 to 2021)
- Membership Committee Co-Chair (2018 to 2021)
- Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Church (Winston Salem, NC) - Liturgy Commission and Lector Coordinator (current)
- NCBA CLE, Presenter at past CLEs
- Ethics and Grievance Committee of Forsyth County Bar - 2011 to 2014
- North Carolina Lawyers Weekly, Attorney Power List - 2022